Making something more accessible often takes very little (if any) extra effort and it can make a big difference to the experience of some students.
In fact, often making something more accessible for one can often benefit all the students.
Simple ways you can make presentations/documents more accessible might include the following
- Use Alt Text for Images and Objects
- Specify Column Header information in tables
- Left aligned font
- Ensure that all presentation slides have unique titles
- Use meaningful hyperlink text
- Use simple tables and avoid using blank cells for formatting
- Ensure there is strong visual contrast
- Large font sizes
- Sans Serif Font – such as Arial, Verdana, Trebuchet etc
- Do not use italics – use bold for emphasis instead