When using learning technologies it is important to do a regular evaluation to ensure that the technology is meeting its intended purpose.
It is useful to establish answers to questions such as
- are the technologies adding an educational value?
- what is working well?
- what needs to be removed/changed?
- are students experiencing any practical difficulties when using the technologies?
Some simple ways you can gain feedback about student experiences include:
- examining statistical data (for example, how often do students login, how long do they spend when they are logged in? what pages do they visit? etc). Much of this information is readily available in Blackboard.
- create a discussion board where they can post suggestions.
- carrying out a survey
- organising individual or focus group interviews
- Evaluate the Learning Experience – useful tips for creating your own surveys.