The Byte-Size TEL sessions look at different aspects of Technology Enhanced Learning (TEL) are open to all staff. The sessions take place approximately every two weeks during term time and the format is usually a 10/15 minute presentation on a particular topic followed by an open discussion and tea and coffee.
Details of sessions for the upcoming September-December 2017 term are listed below and a downloadable version of this timetable is available here.
- Byte-Size: Dr. Briony Supple on Padlet Wednesday, September 20th@11am (ORB 2.44)
- TEL Practical: Introduction to Padlet & Twitter Tuesday, October 3rd@ 9:30am – 11 (Research Skills Training Room)
- Byte-Size: Dr Sorcha Nic Lochlainn on Twitter, Wednesday, October 4th@11am – (G02 Distillery House)
- Byte-Size: Dr Aislinn Joy on Google Apps, Wednesday, October 18th@11am – Google Apps(Brookfield Rm 243)
- Byte-Size: Dr Teresa Wills on Feedback, Wednesday, October 25th@11am – Feedback – Teresa Wills (WGB Rm 371). This session will be followed by a software demonstration by Turning Technologies.
- TEL Practical: Introduction to Turnitin Feedback Studio, Tuesday, November 7th from 10 am – 12 (Rm G.09 in Brookfield)
- Byte-Size: Dr Alan Collins on Screencasting, Tuesday, November 14th@11am – (Library Seminar Room)
- Byte-Size: Ronan Madden on e-Books in the Library, Tuesday, November 21st@11am – (G02 Kane Building)
- TEL Practical: Using Video for Assessment, Tuesday, November 28th from 9:30am – 11 (Rm G.09 in Brookfield)
- Byte-Size: Dr Robert Gaffney & Noirin O’Herlihy, Wednesday, November 29th@11am (Brookfield Rm 104)
Of course, if you have further suggestions or topics you would like to see covered or you would like to give a session then please get in touch with us by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org