Note: Please see the How do I set up electronic submission using Turnitin? for the initial steps on creating an assignment.
1. In the content area which contains your assignment, select View Assignment
2. In the Tools column select Launch Turnitin Rubric Manager
3. Use the grid at the top-left to Create a New Rubric
4. Create a specific title for the new rubric. This will be important later.
5. All fields in the rubric are editable when double clicked. Use the plus signs to add criteria or scales.
Some points to note:
- You can also choose whether a rubric has a grade, percentage (or neither) associated with it by clicking on the relevant symbol at the bottom of the screen
6. Click Save when you are done
7. Once one student has submitted an assignment, you can attach the rubric to the assignment – use the Pencil icon to begin grading
8. Ensure you are in Grademark mode (top left) and then select the rubric icon (looks like a grid)on the bottom-right of the screen:
9. Attach your rubric to the assignment by clicking on the chain/link icon and then close the rubric manager
10. The criteria will now be displayed on the right of the assignment. Select each scale which applies and then select Apply rubric percentage to grade
11. When you exit the assignment – the rubric grade will now be displayed in the GradeMark column of the student’s submission row.
– Video on OVPTL you Tube Channel: Grading Assignments Via Rubrics – What the Student Sees