Following the success of the 2016 TEL Taster week, the Instructional Design team is delighted to announce that it will be holding another TEL Taster Week in August 2017.
The TEL Taster Week will be made up of a series of workshops including both Byte-Size and TEL practical sessions, so as to highlight the theory of key pedagogical best practices while also giving practical guidance on how to apply the concepts.
Some sessions will be repeats of last year’s sessions while others will be new for 2017, of particular note is that we have added an additional session each day in the afternoon which will focus on assessment.
A provisional timetable is available below, more detail and a downloadable timetable is also available at this link. Registration is now open at the following link:
Day 1 – Monday, August 28th: Getting Started
- 09:30 – 10:45: Blackboard: Making your module learner friendly
- 10:45 – 11:30: Byte-Sized Session on Blackboard – Tadgh Casey, Student Union Education Officer (No need for registration, just come along to the Creative Zone, Boole Library).
- 11:30 – 13:00: Managing your Blackboard Module
- 14:00 – 16:00: Introduction to Blackboard MCQs
Day 2: Tuesday, Aug 29th: Building Engagement
- 09:30 – 10:45: Introduction to Google Apps for Education
- 10:45 – 11:30: Byte-Sized Session on Google Classroom – Kieran Nee, School of English (No need for registration, just come along to the Library Seminar Room, Boole Library).
- 11:30 – 13:00: Evaluating your module with Google Forms
- 14:00 – 15:15: Introduction to Google Sites
- 15:15 – 16:00: Special Collections & Class Projects
Day 3 – Wednesday, Aug 30th: Adding Multimedia
- 09:30 – 10:45: Sourcing Images & Video Footage
- 10:45 – 11:30: Byte-Sized Video on Copyright – Dr Darius Whelan, School of Law (No need for registration, just come along to the Creative Zone, Boole Library).
- 11:30 – 13:00: Introduction to Panopto
- 14:00 – 14:45: Using Video Presentations for Assessment
- 14:45 – 15:15: Overview of UCC’s AV Resources
Day 4 – Thursday, August 31st: Focus on Feedback
- 09:30 – 10:45: Encouraging Interaction: Padlet & Polling
- 10:45 – 11:30: Byte-Sized Session on Turnitin – Dr. Rhona O’Connell, School of Nursing & Midwifery (No need for registration, just come along to the Creative Zone, Boole Library).
- 11:30 – 13:00: Digital Annotation
- 14:00 – 15:15: Electronic Marking with Turnitin Feedback Studio
Of course, if you have questions about the TEL tasters then please get in touch with us by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org